How do cookies work?
There are four types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable services you have specifically requested such as requesting a quote.
- Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you visit most often, and if you experience error messages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies you. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve your experience whilst visiting our website.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make and help provide enhanced, more personal features. We do not use functionality cookies.
- Advertising cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see the same advert and help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
How long do cookies stay on your device?
Cookies are referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
How are cookies placed on your device?
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to us and are placed on your device via our website. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for us, for example to help us understand how our website is being used.
Keeping your information secure
The cookies we use cannot read or search your computer, smartphone or web-enabled device to obtain information about you, or read any material kept on your hard drive.
The information collected by cookies will not personally identify you, but will include information about computer settings, your connection to the internet, IP address and interactions with our website. The website that places a cookie owns the cookie. This means that only that website and other sites that is has agreed to share information with can read information stored using a cookie.
If you follow a link from our website to another website, please be aware that the owner of the other website will have their own privacy and cookie policies for their site. We recommend you read their policies as we are not responsible or liable for what happens at their site.
How can I control the cookies on my device?
You can block and control most cookies through your browser settings. If you do switch off cookies, remember that you may not be able to use all of the services on our website. You can find out more about cookies and how to manage them at www.allaboutcookies.org
You can also update your cookie preferences here
If you would like to contact us in relation to this Cookies Policy, please use the following details: Write to us at Freepost Promis Life (no stamp required if mailed in the UK), Phone: 0800 907 0796,